Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cyril of Jerusalem a Sola-Scripturist?

I have decided to leave that CARM article behind me and move on to something else. My heart just isn't in it anymore. If I were to re-write my response, it would be more like a chore than something I would be passionate about. I'm just ready for something different.

James Swan has sparked my interest here recently. He proposed, originally in the CARM forum but also on his blog, that Cyril of Jerusalem, a great Father of the Church, believed in sola scriptura. This is an astounding claim to say the least, and I was interested to dig deeper into Cyril's Catechetical Lectures and find his beliefs on the matter. I found some good stuff, which I shared with Mr. Swan. For a while I had our debate over this on my blog, but I have decided to take it down and wait for it to develop further before I show it to the world.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

James Swan said...

Quite frankly, I usually prefer the term "discussion" rather than "debate". In my world, a "debate" implies rules and format.

Regards-
James

Related Posts with Thumbnails