Thursday, November 09, 2006

Apologetics in Your Ear

Here's a special treat for you! (I say that with the utmost sarcasm). First, some background.

I have been helping to teach the RCIA program on the campus of Franciscan University since our sessions began at the end of September. My main role has been to provide the apologetics piece for each session. Every now and then, someone else on the core team will answer a question as well. What's cool is that one of our core team members has been recording these sessions on his iPod and hosting them on his website. SOOOooooo, that means that, along with reading my apologetical work, you can now hear me too!

With that, I now present, with requisite fanfare and confetti, my first ever recordings of live apologetics: I started to give an excuse for why this audio probably isn't the best live apologetics you'll ever hear, but, ya know, it is what it is. I will say that, in my presentation of Purgatory, i said "punishment" at the 5:31 mark when I meant to say "sin."

I've been told that I have a southern accent, but I don't buy it.....

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

10 comments:

Laura said...

You have a unique voice. No southern accent. A nice voice. But no southern accent.

I can't wait to listen to you speak! It'll be like we hang out more than we actually do! Haha.

I can't even tell ya how excited I am. YAY.

You rock.

Laura said...

You sound really different. It's weird. I can't describe it... it's just different.

Anonymous said...

Im afraid to hear ur voice...

but on the real, your blog is an awesome thing.


-rp

Chad Toney said...

Sweet. Will give 'em a listen. I love free audio apologetics.

Chad Toney said...

note: after downloading, I had to rename/remove a couple .zip file extensions to get the mp3's to play.

Amy M. said...

*is glad she wasn't in the room, otherwise she would have had to walk out of it* ;-)

phatcatholic said...

note: after downloading, I had to rename/remove a couple .zip file extensions to get the mp3's to play.
really? it works fine for me.


*is glad she wasn't in the room, otherwise she would have had to walk out of it* ;-)
shhhhh! ;)

jswranch said...

How many people are in the RCIA class?

Laura said...

would have had to walk out? huh?

did you see this: http://happycatholic.blogspot.com/2006/11/blogging

*makes cool face* movin up!

phatcatholic said...

How many people are in the RCIA class?

I'd say about 15 or so....but, when you add their sponsors and the rest of the core team, the room fills up pretty quick!

Related Posts with Thumbnails