Friday, November 17, 2006

Blog Update

First of all, look out for a new paper I just finished: The Significance of 1 Tim 6:20 and 2 Tim 4:1-4 for Catechesis. It should come either tomorrow or Monday (Sunday is my 1-yr anniversary with my girlfriend!)

Also, I added the following links to the "Pen Is Mightier Than the Sword" section of the sidebar:

Frs. Dr. Leslie Rumble and Charles Mortimer Carty
Hilaire Belloc
Ronald Knox
I was especially psyched to find Radio Replies, complete in 3 volumes, online. That's a diamond in the rough, if I ever saw one. A lot of people don't know this, but it is in the Preface to vol. 1 of the Radio Replies where you find the famous quotation from Fulton Sheen about anti-Catholicism:
  • "There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church—which is, of course, quite a different thing."
I also made some formatting changes to that section of the sidebar. I think it will make it easier to read.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

ps: Say a prayer for me that my anniversary goes well. I'm more than slightly nervous about it....

4 comments:

Adam said...

"I'm more than slightly nervous about it...."

:-) :*) :^) 0:) =:)

Awww. I look forward to hearing about how it went.

Vicki said...

Sir,
Perhaps you might also add a link to our society on your reference page for Ronald Knox?
www.ronaldknoxsociety.com
Best wishes,
Vicki McCaffrey
Pres., Ronald Knox Society

phatcatholic said...

link added! thanks vicki ;)

ultraBetaCrepidarian said...

Happy 1 year anniversary!

UltraWarren

Related Posts with Thumbnails