Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Blog Update

I added some great links to the sidebar:

Headquarters
From the Desk of the Commander and Chief
Ammunition
I also finished up a detailed outline of St. Augustine's amazing work De Catechizandis Rudibus (The First Catechetical Instruction):This is simply one of the best works on how to "do" catechesis that I have ever read. It's amazing how relevant his advice to catechists is still today. The first 3/4 of the book is all about technique: how to catechize someone and what to do in certain situations. The last part of the book is an example of how he would tell "the story", or the history of God's dealings with man.

I encourage you all to read it. Minus the introduction by the translator and the endnotes, it's only 74 pgs. Let St. Augustine teach you how to teach others! In the very least, you can read my outline and get some idea of how he does it.

Finally, look out for a collection of Catholic articles on Thanksgiving, probably tomorrow.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

ps: My anniversary went great :D

4 comments:

Jon said...

You are my hero

-RP

p.s.-it says Jon...I am confused

Amy said...

ps: My anniversary went great :D

Understatment of the century :-D

Sarah said...

Nick, love the links! BTW, I updated my sidebar and you're linked there now. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicholas,

I saw your site and it is very nice. Your desire to preserve The Way is clear. As a former Catholic myself, and someone who struggled with the reformation of Catholocism, I would invite you to find the hidden gem that I found in the Orthodox church.

www.goarch.org

Come and see. It has been a blessing for me. I do still have great respect for the Catholic Church, but found in Orthodoxy the fullness of the faith that I struggled to find in the Catholic Church.

Anyhow, thanks for your work on your website. Very important work indeed.

PEACE,
+Rob

Related Posts with Thumbnails