I have alot to cover today! First, I need to make up for a glaring ommission. Since I had to spend all day yesterday working on a paper, I was not able to pay tribute to our Blessed Mother on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. This must be rectified. So, below this note you'll find a crazy amount of articles that explain and defend the sinlessness of Mary. As far as I know, there isn't a collection like this anywhere else on the internet. You need ammo? Here it is.
Also, I have two --count 'em, TWO-- papers to post. One is called "The Search for Biblical Truth." It is my review and analysis of Biblical Interpretation in Crisis: The Ratzinger Conference on Bible and Church. Anytime you can get Cardinal Ratzinger and Raymond Brown together to talk about the state of Biblical scholarship today, you know that you have a momentous occasion on your hands. The theological conference that this book presents did not disappoint.
The other paper is called "The Multiple Senses of Scripture and Its Religious Meaning." This paper describes the various senses of Scripture --the literal, allegorical, moral, anagogical, and fuller senses-- and how an emphasis on them, including even some aspects of the literal sense, can reveal the religious meaning of Scripture and its theological significance for a contemporary audience. It's probably not the best paper I've ever written, but if you're looking for a good summary of the senses of Scripture, you can find that here.
Both papers are Word documents for you to download. Later on I will post them on my blog in html format.
Also, I have to tell you about a new website that "Laura H." from ...and if not... was kind enough to tell me about. The US bishops' Committee on Communications is now offering a podcast of the daily Mass readings! Here is a short news brief to learn more about it, and here is where you go to subscribe. Thanks Laura for the heads up!
Finally, I have a formal debate on Sola Scriptura all lined up. The opening statement is due around January 15th. It will be hosted at the Holy Culture Radio forum. So, make sure you check that out, and please pray for me that I will be able to share the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church in a charitable and effective way.
Mary, seat of Wisdom, pray for us. St. Justin Martyr, pray for us. St. Jerome, pray for us.
- - - -THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
- "All Have Sinned" (Mary?)
- EWTN: The Immaculate Conception of Mary
- How Do We Respond to Romans 3?
- How to Defend the Immaculate Conception
- If Mary Was Sinless, Why Did She Go to the Temple for Purification?
- If Mary Was Sinless, Why Didn't She Redeem Us?
- Immaculate Conception
- Immaculate Conception and Assumption
- Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Mary Conceived Without Sin: The Dogma of the Immaculate Conception
- Mary's Conception in Sacred Scripture and Tradition
- Mary's Immaculate Conception
- Mary's Sinless Life
- Memorandum on the Immaculate Conception
- New Advent: Immaculate Conception
- On the Immaculate Conception
- The Graceful Bridge: How Commonly Held Christian Beliefs Explain and Defend the Catholic Doctrine of the Immaculate Conception
- The Immaculate Conception in the Feasts and Liturgy of the Church
- The Immaculate Conception in the Thought of Adrienne von Speyr
- The Immaculate Conception of Mary
- The Immaculate Conception of the Most Blessed Virgin
- The Immaculate Conception, the Bible, and the Church Fathers
- The Necessity of the Immaculate Conception
- The Universe of Discourse and Questions about Mary's Sinlessness
- Was Mary's Immaculate Conception Absolutely Necessary?
Exegesis of Luke 1:28
- Kecharitomenae: Comparing Luke 1:28 and Acts 6:8
- The Navarre Commentary: Luke 1:26-38
- Luke 1:28 and the Immaculate Conception: Linguistic and Exegetical Considerations
- Aquinas on the Angelic Salutation
- Mary: Full of Grace
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Annunciation: A Scriptural Commentary
- The Meaning of Kecharitomene: Full of Grace
The Ark of the New Covenant
- Ark of the New Covenant
- Catholic Culture: Ark of the Covenant
- Catholic Legate: Ark of the Covenant
- Mary, Ark of the Covenant
- Mary, House of Gold
- Mary, New Ark of the Eternal Covenant
- Mary, Overshadowing the Shadows
- Mary, Queen Mother and Ark of the New Covenant
- Mary, the Ark of the New Covenant
- The Ark of the New Covenant