Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Immaculate Conception, and the Study of Scripture

My phatcatholic faithful,

I have alot to cover today! First, I need to make up for a glaring ommission. Since I had to spend all day yesterday working on a paper, I was not able to pay tribute to our Blessed Mother on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. This must be rectified. So, below this note you'll find a crazy amount of articles that explain and defend the sinlessness of Mary. As far as I know, there isn't a collection like this anywhere else on the internet. You need ammo? Here it is.

Also, I have two --count 'em, TWO-- papers to post. One is called "The Search for Biblical Truth." It is my review and analysis of Biblical Interpretation in Crisis: The Ratzinger Conference on Bible and Church. Anytime you can get Cardinal Ratzinger and Raymond Brown together to talk about the state of Biblical scholarship today, you know that you have a momentous occasion on your hands. The theological conference that this book presents did not disappoint.

The other paper is called "The Multiple Senses of Scripture and Its Religious Meaning." This paper describes the various senses of Scripture --the literal, allegorical, moral, anagogical, and fuller senses-- and how an emphasis on them, including even some aspects of the literal sense, can reveal the religious meaning of Scripture and its theological significance for a contemporary audience. It's probably not the best paper I've ever written, but if you're looking for a good summary of the senses of Scripture, you can find that here.

Both papers are Word documents for you to download. Later on I will post them on my blog in html format.

Also, I have to tell you about a new website that "Laura H." from ...and if not... was kind enough to tell me about. The US bishops' Committee on Communications is now offering a podcast of the daily Mass readings! Here is a short news brief to learn more about it, and here is where you go to subscribe. Thanks Laura for the heads up!

Finally, I have a formal debate on Sola Scriptura all lined up. The opening statement is due around January 15th. It will be hosted at the Holy Culture Radio forum. So, make sure you check that out, and please pray for me that I will be able to share the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church in a charitable and effective way.

Mary, seat of Wisdom, pray for us. St. Justin Martyr, pray for us. St. Jerome, pray for us.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic
- - - -
THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

General Arguments
Exegesis of Luke 1:28
The Ark of the New Covenant

2 comments:

jmjtina said...

Quick request: the feastday of Our Lady of Guadalupe is tommorrow. Could you post on her? =)

pwetty puh-lease?

phatcatholic said...

I'll see what I can do ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails