Saturday, December 16, 2006

New Addition to the Sidebar

I added a new section to the sidebar. It's called "Sound of the Trumpet" and it's where you will find links to Catholic audio. Note that this is not for Catholic music (like Catholic rock or Catholic rap), but for Catholic audio apologetics, talks, interviews, Q&A's, book/movie reviews and other radio shows and podcasts that further the cause of this blog in their dissemination and defense of all things Catholic (I suppose music does that too, but in a different way).

I named this section "Sound of the Trumpet" because the trumpet is "the alarm of war" (Jer 4:19) and I thought it went well with the theme of my blog. Israel defeated the walls of Jericho "at the sound of the trumpet" (Jos 6:20). God cannot stand still at the sound of it (Job 39:24) and when we sound it He will fight for us (Neh 4:20). The trumpet also marks the coming of the Lord (Joel 2:1; Zech 9:14; 1 Cor 15:52; 1 Thes 4:16), and we all hasten the coming of the Lord and His Kingdom when we do His work. I think that's what these audio files attempt to do. I pray that you will all give heed (Jer 6:17).

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

Jon said...

sweet...very sweet, I burn these and listen to them in my car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails