Monday, February 12, 2007

Let the Voting Begin!

Nominations have concluded for the 2007 Catholic Blog Awards. Now, the real voting begins! As a new twist for this year, everyone who was nominated can be voted on for an award. You no longer have to get a certain number of nominations to be a finalist. I'm not sure if I like that idea, but oh well. It was still good to see that my blog was nominated for several categories, including Smartest Catholic Blog, Funniest Catholic Blog, Best Individual Catholic Blog, Best Designed Catholic Blog, Best Overall Catholic Blog, Best Group Blog, Best Written Catholic Blog, Best Apologetic Blog, and Best New Catholic Blog.

Whoever nominated me for "Best Group Blog" must be a few bricks short of a load, because it's just me, people! Someone thinks I deserve "Funniest Catholic Blog" too, which is itself pretty funny. I think my best chances are in the "Best Designed Blog" and "Best New Blog" categories. Of course, the crowned jewel of awards would be "Best Apologetics Blog", but I think there's just too many bloggers who do apologetics better than me and who have blogs more popular than mine.

In my own little poll (in the sidebar), 20 of the 45 total votes went to "Best Apologetics Blog", followed by "Best Overall Blog" (8) and "Best Design" (5). So, that's somewhat promising........I guess. I dunno, we'll see what the thousands of other Catholic bloggers think at the end of the week.

Don't forget to make your vote.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

6 comments:

EVE said...

Well I voted you for "Best Apologetics Blog", although maybe I should have held out until you've proven your worthiness by answering my angel/demon possession question...lol...:)

Seriously though, great blog, very deserving!

phatcatholic said...

Thanks Eve! I'll certainly get to your question as soon as I can!

Matt1618 said...

I can't get to the Catholic Blog Awards website... did it crash?

Laura H. said...

Yeah I thought it was a little odd that you were nominated in funniest and group. When I asked about the funny category though, the guy said it was 'subjective'! Hahahahahaha... okay. Sure. Whatever. Hahahaha.

phatcatholic said...

I can't get to the Catholic Blog Awards website... did it crash?

It was down, but it seems to be back up again. I just tried to go there and it loaded fine.

Matt1618 said...

ah! I can't get to it for some reason, in IE or Firefox. I think God doesn't want me to be prideful with my blog :) Uh... er... can you check it and tell me what I was nominated for, if anything? haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails