Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two New Documents to Download

I added two new files to the "Box" utility at the bottom of my sidebar. One is a paper entitled, "The Search for Biblical Truth." It is a summary of the presentations and the subsequent discussion that took place during the monumental Ratzinger Conference on Bible and Church in New York City on January 27th, 1988. The distinct points of view of such renowned individuals--Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Fr. Raymond E. Brown, Lutheran Bishop William H. Lazareth, and Professor George Lindbeck--and the engaging dialogue among them and the other invited participants made a truly unique contribution towards the search for Biblical truth.

The second is another paper, entitled, "The Multiple Senses of Scripture and Its Religious Meaning." In this paper, I outline the various senses of Scripture, how these are differentiated from each other, and how they may all work to bring out the religious meaning of the text.

I welcome critiques of my writing, and I hope that these papers can be of service to you and to the Church. I plan on converting them into html format and posting them on my blog whenever I get the chance.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails