Friday, March 16, 2007

Eucharist: Sacrament of Love

I just found out about B16's new Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Sacramentum Caritatis (On the Eucharist as the Source and Summit of the Church's Life and Mission). Yea, I know I'm a little late with this, but I leave it to Whispers to stay on the cutting edge of Catholic news. Anyway, I'm pretty psyched about it. It's cool to read papal documents as they come out (instead of much after the fact) and to look forward to what our wise and faithful Father will write next. I suggest that everyone read it. If you don't have the time (I don't see how you wouldn't...), check out Dr. Philip Blosser's quick sampling with remarks.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 51 pages and well worth the read! I particularly like section 85. It reminds me of the Pope's "The Spirit of the Liturgy" written when he was still Cardinal Ratzinger, and one of my favorite books.

Bryan

Related Posts with Thumbnails