Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In the Hands of St. Joseph

Today is the Solemnity of St. Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I have always looked to St. Joseph for the strength to be a good and chaste man. He is, after all, Mary's "most chaste spouse," and as the father of Jesus and the protector of Mary he is an ideal model of what it means to be a responsible husband and father. I hope to live as he lived: chaste, responsible, strong, courageous, skilled, loving, manly. I am so thankful that, in giving me my middle name, my parents made him my patron. I have done the same with my own son (Dominic Joseph), so that he will always have the intercessory power of St. Joseph to guide him and protect him.

Here are some articles on St. Joseph. Learn what it means to be devoted to him and to live the sort of life that he lived:Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!

thanks for dropping comments into my blog (SELaplana) on my post about Peter.

I actually replied on the comment you made.

Maybe from time to time I can post a blogpost as comment of your blogposts.

tnx

SELaplana

Laura H. said...

Shouldn't you be all of those things now, outside of marriage?

phatcatholic said...

Of course!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails