Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New Widget Unveiled!

It's alive! It's aliiiiive!! (queue fog and flash of lightening)

I have finally completed the blog widget I have been working on for a couple of weeks now. This widget presents a different Catholic quotation for each day of the year. Quotations were taken from saints, early Church Fathers, priests, bishops, cardinals, and authors of the Catholic Church. I am really pleased with it.

To put this widget on your blog or website, simply follow these steps:
  1. Download the javascript file by right-clicking this link and selecting "Save Target As."
  2. Upload the javascript file to your own server/web space.
  3. Add the following code to your blog/website:
  4. Make sure you replace "http://www.yoursite.com/rotatingcontent.js" with the direct url of the javascript file on your server/web space.
If you decide to put this on your blog, credit for the widget and a link back to my blog would be most appreciated. My bandwidth is limited, but if you don't have any webspace to host the script, let me know and I may be able to host it for you. I proofread everything as best as I could, but there may still be a spelling or punctuation error that I didn't catch. If you find an error, let me know.

Enjoy!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

10 comments:

Shellie said...

Kudos; looks great! I may have to try it on next blog tweak. :)

Theocoid said...

Cool! Thanks!

Mark Alves said...

Have you thought about submitting this as a Google Gadget?

phatcatholic said...

Yea, I looked in to how to do that, and it's too complicated (for my feeble mind, anyway)

Antonia said...

Pax,

I know this post is like, 4 months old, but I've just done up a widget too! Not a web-widget that you stick in a website/blog, but a Yahoo! widget that you keep on your desktop.

For me, the motivation was to foster the presence of God during my working hours. A short writeup & the link can be found here. I hope it can help you & your friends :)

phatcatholic said...

Thanks Antonia!

Life With My 3 Boybarians said...

I wish I could figure this out. I use blogger - where can I host it?

My email is on my blog. If you ahve time to talk me through this, I'd love to have it on my blog.

Thanks...

bread said...

Could not get the widget to work...but I dont have a paid website to host it anyway..would like to see it. As a hobby I looked at making free flash widgets at Sproutbuilder.com and was really easy to use...makes your website portable...wonder if this would be something you would want to check out if you decide to make another widget
Deb

phatcatholic said...

bread........sorry it's not working. the webspace where i host the javascript was recently hacked into and i just haven't had the time to find another solution.

Owen said...

Tried to download the necessary file but received a message box saying that there is an error. Must be on your end? Coming to this way late but it looks like such a great feature.

Related Posts with Thumbnails