Thursday, April 26, 2007

News and Notes

I only have time for a short post today. To all of you who have sent me questions, I should be able to get to them this weekend.

That said, first, make sure you check out the comments on yesterday's follow-up on fertility drugs and procedures. There's a good conversation taking place, thanks especially to Bro. Thomas Petri, OP, STL. What do the rest of you all think? Secondly, my paper on Roger Haight's book Jesus Symbol of God is finished. So, expect that soon.

Thirdly, I've been popping in and out of the top 25 in the "Best Religion Blog" category for a while now. I don't really feel justified in having that little badge in my sidebar unless I can at least get in the top 10, which is also why my sidebar contains only two of my badges from the Catholic Blog Awards. Right now, I have a long way to go, so I NEED YOUR VOTES! Remember, if you have already voted for another blog, you can still vote for me. You can vote for multiple blogs in the same category. Register here and vote for me here.

Finally, check out the following video. Usually when I see videos of this sort of thing I'm like, "Great, people walking." But, this one is actually very good:

Eucharistic Procession at the University of Nebraska


Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--beautiful music, and great video. Makes me wonder who the musician was. :-)

-BV

Little Sister said...

I too noticed the beautiful music. How does one find out about these processions? I've never heard of one occuring here i Los Angeles.

phatcatholic said...

Little Sister.......I'm afraid that's because you're in Los Angeles! (a diocese which isn't necessarily well-known for its adherence to the Tradition of the Church)

Eucharistic Processions are an ancient practice of the Church. With such processions, we promote solidarity in our belief in the Real Presence in the Eucharist and we literally bring God out into the world, to the people and the places that rarely meet Him so that He can fill them with His holiness.

Here is a link that may be helpful:

http://www.catholicculture.org/lit/prayers/view.cfm?id=1198

pax christi,
phatcatholic

phatcatholic said...

Also see Eucharistiae Sacramentum, nos. 101-104:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDWSACRA.HTM

Related Posts with Thumbnails