- Who is your favorite early Church Father?
As for last week's poll ("Who do you think is our best modern-day Catholic apologist?"), I was blown away by how many people voted. When I unveiled this poll last Monday, I said: "I anticipate this week's poll receiving much more visitor participation than my previous poll." That's an understatment! The Scott Hahn fans came out of the woodwork! Check it out:
On Tuesday, Hahn had 7 votes. On Wednesday, he had 27 votes, and he just kept climbing every day after that. Pretty crazy....but understandable. After all, his books convert people, for crying out loud. Thousands of people have read them and many of those same people attribute their new-found faith in Christ and his Church to this man. He's an amazing individual, I don't care what anybody says.
I was suprised that Jimmy Akin didn't make more of a showing. He was the apologist that I voted for, and for many reasons:
- He is more of a true apologist that Scott Hahn is. I consider Hahn to be more of a theologian than an apologist.
- He is responsible for a great majority of the content at Catholic.com, which is perhaps the only instrument of God that converts more souls than Hahn does.
- His blog is solid as a rock, 24/7, and it's one of the most popular blogs on the internet. As you know, the internet is the new arena for Catholic apologetics, and Akin has a substantial presence there. My own blog is but a meager attempt to follow in his footsteps.
- His radio shows are simply amazing. His answers are always right on, and he has a great speaking voice too (as does Hahn).
- He's just a cool dude.