Thursday, May 10, 2007

Face-Off on YouTube

I found the ABC Nightline Face-Off between Kirck Cameron/Ray Comfort and the "Rational" (supposedly) Response Squad on YouTube, in 6-parts. Since the computer at my parents' house is a piece of carp, I can't watch it. So, I don't know if this is the whole debate, or if the debate itself is any good. Leave comments and let me know what you thought of the debate, and if anyone finds a full version of the debate online, send me a link (assuming I don't have the full version already).

I'll be home in "the 'boro" (Owensboro, KY) for the next week, so I won't be posting much. Finals are over. It's time to take a break.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic
- - - - - -

Face-Off: Does God Exist?
[videos are in order, from left to right]
Update [5-16-07]: It looks like the videos I embedded are no longer available, but there's a YouTube user called "thewayofthemaster" that has been making sure that clips of the debate remain online. Go here to see his collection of videos.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, I had wanted to see it! Anyway, they really should have gotten eloquent, experienced people to argue with Kirk and Ray. The "Rational Squad"'s arguments relied on sarcasm and humour with extremely poor logic. They came off as people who were not confident enough in their arguments to make a compelling one. I am a research scientist and I believe in God. According to them, that's an oxymoron.

Anonymous said...

I love how they cast atheists in such lovely, philanthropic light. Are we forgetting about Stalin here? How about communism in general?

Bryan said...

I wonder why they always find these sort of hippy dippy evangelicals to debate the atheists? Even better than Kirk Cameron was getting Rick Warren to debate Sam Harris! Why not spend the extra five minutes it would have taken and found a real theologian rather than a pastor and a child star?

But there was a rather good debate between Richard Dawkins and Fr. Alister McGrath a month or so ago.

phatcatholic said...

I wish they would have chosen Peter Kreeft or William Lane Craig

phatcatholic said...

It looks like the videos I embedded are no longer available, but there's a YouTube user called "thewayofthemaster" that has been making sure that clips of the debate remain online. The following links will send you to his collection of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=thewayofthemaster

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

Anonymous said...

Old discussion, but is there any you tube videos out there of Catholics who have been subjected to their 'on the street' interviews/evangelization tactics......and blown the socks of them? Like, they accidentally come across a modern day 'Frank Sheed'? I'd like to see some, if there are.

phatcatholic said...

I'd like to see that too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails