Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Image of the True Knight

While I was looking around for an image to put in my last post, I came across a picture of a knight praying. I have always been fond of such images. In my opinion, a knight in prayer is the perfect symbol of true masculinity. The knight already symbolizes strength, courage, devotion, and chivalry. When he prays, he shows his humility, his commitment to the Lord, and his power against "the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Eph 6:12). I truly believe that a knight in prayer is everything that all men are called to be.

Here are a few examples of what I have in mind:



If you can find any others, please leave a comment and let me know. For more on what it means to be a true man of God, go here.

St. George, the dragon slayer....pray for us.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

Auroramike71 said...

If you can find the full image of the pic in the lower left, I read somewhere that the knight is kneeling before the blessed sacrament.

Matt said...

Nick,

Here is a good one.

http://images.jokaroo.com/1/Dark%20Knight.jpeg


Matt R

Laura O. said...

Nice entry! I have a blog by the way(this is Laura :D)

Paul said...

Awesome entry and pictures. Here's a link to an awesome video of one real man; take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUoCN1N3xTs

God bless, thanks for having a good, Catholic blog! I read most of your entries and they've helped me with different things. Keep up the good work!

phatcatholic said...

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails