Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New Goodies in the Sidebar

Besides the music player of course, I've added a few new things to the sidebar.

The most obvious change is the addition of a few pics of St. Michael. I thought that would break up the text a little bit and make the sidebar easier to look at. When I was looking for pics to use, I tried to find some that were intriguing and not what you are used to seeing. I think I found some pretty good ones.

Also, I moved my badge from the Bloggers Choice Awards up towards the top and used it as a replacement for the message that was appearing at the top of all of my posts (vote for me, blah blah blah). I was kinda getting tired of it myself. I replaced my old message with a sort of disclaimer saying what you'll need to use to view my blog as it is intended to look. I was checkin out my Google Analytics and I saw that people were using various browsers and screen resolutions that don't make my blog look right.

Finally, I added some pretty dope links from the new version of Catholic Culture:I'm particularly psyched about the last two links. Fr. John A. Hardon's Modern Catholic Dictionary is an excellent resource to finally have on the internet. His Pocket Catholic Dictionary is already online, but the Modern Catholic Dictionary is more comprehensive.

The Fathers of the Church collection is sweet because it groups the Fathers chronologically (as well as by name). So, if you are only interested in the Fathers from a particular time period or group of periods, you can easily find what you are looking for. Early Christian Writings does the same thing, but with the addition of resources about each work along with the work itself (which is really helpful). What bugs me about New Advent's collection is that you have to dig around to find the time period in which each work was written. If you want the ECF's topically arranged, see the following sites:I hope these additions will be helpful.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails