Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Yea, you wanna know what makes me happier than a pig in slop? (There's a good down-South metaphor for you). When I get a book in the mail. Want to make Nick jump up and down like a little schoolboy? Put a nice, shiny, brand-new book in his mailbox. It's the key to my heart.

Today is one of those happy days. Want to know what the book was? Oh, it was..........THIS:


Praise God!! I can't wait to read this book. I'm gonna devour it. Or, in the words of Jesus, I'm gonna trogo it, haha :D (nerdy Catholic apologist humor). In fact, I think I'll make a blog post about each chapter as I'm reading it. That'll be dope.

Well, I'm off to bask in the glow of the Pope's brilliance. I think I hear angels singing....

UPDATE: You can read an excerpt from the book, on the meaning of Jesus' baptism in the Jordan (and consequently, our own baptism) here. You're not ready.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Newsweek has an exerpt:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18618066/site/newsweek/

Amber said...

Wow... this book is the "talk of the town"!

Guess I might have to order a copy for myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails