Friday, May 04, 2007

Playlist Update

I should say a few more things about this music player (at the bottom of my sidebar).

First off, I realize that some of you are having problems with it. For whatever reason, the play button doesn't always appear (Instead, you get a link to finetune). It's also causing my sidebar to load slower, and sometimes not at all. Also, since I had to cut off the right side of the player in order to make it fit in my sidebar, you have no way of skipping to the next song. So, that deprives you of some much needed functionality.

Basically, I need to find a new music player. I'm trying to do that now. What I liked about this one is that it provided the songs for you. I just had to search for the songs I like and then add them to my playlist. But, most other music players I've found require that you upload your own mp3's to a server or some type of web space. I guess I could do that, but since I gave up downloading mp3's (a staple of my past life that is every day still trying to resurface --oh, the temptation!), I would have to rip the songs off of CD's I already own. Then I have to upload them. It's just a lot of trouble.

If anyone knows of a music service that provides free streaming music, along with a player that you can embed into a website that will allow you to play this streaming music, leave a comment or send me an email.

Until then, if the player doesn't load, or if you don't see a play button, just refresh the page. If that doesn't work, go here and click the play button towards the top of the page (these instructions are also at the bottom of my sidebar). This page will also allow you to see a list of all the songs in my playlist, which is helpful. Unfortunately, the player shuffles the songs instead of playing them in order, so it may take a while to get around to the song you want to hear. Hopefully, I can find something better soon.

Finally, you'll notice that most of the songs in my list are modern rock, hard rock, or 80's rock. But, there's also some rap and r&b. I'm pretty sure that there are no curse words in any of these songs. I also tried to pay attention to the content. However, if you hear something objectionable, please let me know. My intention here is not to scandalize anyone. I just want to share a little bit of what moves me.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails