Monday, May 21, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #15

Here is this week's poll:
  • What is your favorite religious order?
    • Franciscans
    • Dominicans
    • Benedictines
    • Jesuits
    • Carmelites
    • Other (type your answer in the space below)
I know there are hundreds of other orders, but I just included the major ones. Of course, if your favorite religious order isn't listed, you can select "Other" and type your answer in the space provided. If you don't type in your answer then I won't know who you voted for and your vote will basically mean nothing. So, make sure you hypostatize your opinion (haha, nerdy Catholic humor). Also, don't forget to click the link below the poll and tell me why you voted the way you did.

As for last week's poll (the one that no one seems to want to vote in), here are the results:


I think I finally settled on a player that I like (thanks to Amy). It took me forever because each player is different and none of them do everything I want it to do. The one I have isn't perfect either, but I think it's the best one out there.

I know the music selection is slim right now, but I hope to change that soon. With this player, you have to upload your own songs, so I was flipping through my CD's and I soon realized that the vast majority of them were CD's that I downloaded illegally back in the day when I was into that sort of thing. So, I threw them all away (ugh! that was hard to do....) and what I was left with wasn't much. But, I want to slowly build up my library again, and as I do I'll add more songs to the player. I also plan on adding some Gregorian chant and some latin hymns, for those of you who aren't too keen on secular music.

I realize that many of you could probably care less about this thing (I should have added an "I don't care" option to the poll) but I want to make sure that I'm making changes to my blog that my visitors like. I'm doing this for you all. Plus, I think it adds something fun and interactive to my blog. Text gets old after a while. I want to appeal to all of your senses :D

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to make my blog better.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

Amy said...

*ahem* So who helped you install said music player? *cough*

Becky said...

They're really the only ones I have a good knowledge of and experience with. The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal are amazing and I have been blessed to spend lots of time with them at retreats and whatnot. I love what they stand for and how they live. Plus, I'm a big fan of St. Francis and St. Clare, so maybe I'm a little biased. : )

Laura H. said...

Duh. Franciscans. I finished 'The Life of Saint Fracis' a few months ago and if I didn't love him before, I definitely do now. I have always loved Franciscans and always felt a deep connection to that spirituality. The other orders are awesome too but I'm a Franciscan at heart. :)

BTW, I like the way daisies look (my favorite) and the way warm cookies smell. If you're attempting to appeal to all of our senses, you could work on those for starters. Thanks!

jmjtina said...

Carmelites.

St. Therese all the way!!!!!

A Doorholder said...

This wasn't an easy decision for me. All the stated choices were great, but I have little personal experience with members of those orders.

The order I do have experience with, Congregation of Holy Cross (who sponsored my high school) is an excellent group who do much in education and missionary work-they even hold in their rank a beatified member who was a porter (aka a doorman of sorts) in Montreal one hundred years ago, Bl.Brother Andre Bessette. However, I decided not go choose them.

I ended up choosing the Carthusians. I didn't get to see the movie about them that is currently out, "Into Great Silence ," but from what I've learned about them, they live an intense life of prayer and solitude (combining hermetical and community life)-I first learned of them reading Thomas Merton who was a Trappist. I thought they might be an under looked but very important order whose prayers undoubtedly aid us each day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails