Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Scripture and Gnosticism

"Hidden One" (what a mysterious name) sent me the following question via email:
I'm attempting to correct an anti-Catholic whose site (among other things) uses an article (here) to say, well, what the article says. It's on a document called 'The gift of Scripture', and I'm wondering if you could lend me a hand on this (the article can't posibly be true, right?).
Right. Jimmy Akin made a blog post about this that pretty much ends the debate. Basically, that Times Online article is ludicrous. I don't trust any of their coverage on religious issues.

That said, it appears that Dr. Brooker is not very interested in dialoguing with you, so you may want to consider shaking the dust off your feet and going some place where your efforts will be more fruitful --although, I have to admit, his cute little chart is a tempting project to tackle.

As an aside, would you happen to know of any great resources on Gnosticism for a school project?
These links might help: Good luck on your project.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

Hidden One said...

Again, thank you for your help, and whether D.R. Brooker ever wants to debate avec moi (we've gone to email for dialogue purposes now) or not, I'd actually appreciate it if you were to tackle his chart, though I disagree with both 'cute' and 'little'. I think it would be a useful resource, if you want to do it. (I can deal with some of the stuff, but not all of it by any means.)

Sincerely in Christ,
Hidden One

phatcatholic said...

I was just being sarcastic when I referred to his chart as "cute" and "little." I realize that it is a substantial anti-Catholic work. Honestly, I don't have the time to refute all the errors found within it. It usually takes about 5 minutes to churn out a little piece of anti-Catholicism, but hours upon hours to refute it. Good luck in your efforts with him.

Pax Christi,
Nick

Hidden One said...

If only Protestant anti-Catholics were held to the level of scholarship that Catholics arguing agaisnt them are generally held/hold themselves to.

phatcatholic said...

Yea, tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails