Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Some Good News

Two great things have happened recently that I wanted to tell everyone about.

One is that my paper on Haight's Symbol of God has been chosen as one of the possible papers to be presented at next year's Theology Colloquium. As grad Theology students turn in their papers, the professors are supposed to be on the look out for the ones that are particularly well-written. These papers are then collected and reviewed by a panel of Theology professors.

Usually, three papers from this group are selected to be presented by the author at the colloquium, and each presenter receives a small stipend. All grad theology students are required to attend, so it's a big deal. I also consider it a great honor because no one present is a slouch by any stretch of the imagination. Great minds are present (even in a small city in the middle of nowhere) and these people are the ones who will go on to do great things for the Church.

To be honest, it's something that I've always aspired to be a part of and I've always felt like I could be one of the ones up there presenting. Please pray that the Lord's Will be done, and if I win, that I won't become prideful and that all glory will be given to God.

The second thing is a little mini-retreat that one of the professors told me about after Church last Sunday. Apparently an Opus Dei priest from Pittsburgh comes to Steubenville and leads a two-hour retreat for men on the fourth Wednesday of every month. There are usually two homilies by the priest, with a fair amount of time in between for confession and silent prayer. The Recollection ends with Solemn Benediction. It sounds like it will be an awesome opporunity to fellowship with other men (something I don't get to do very much) and, more importantly, to get my spiritual life back on track. I'm going tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.

Praise God for all that He is doing in my life.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i praise God for all that He is doing in your life and pray that He continues to work through you.

also, your selections of artwork is awesome and never fail to inspire me. i am an artist with an enthusiastic love for religious art.

spread love & beauty
la milagrossa

Related Posts with Thumbnails