Thursday, June 28, 2007

God Is Good

I like that little guy, so I think I'm going to use him any time I have good news to share :D.

Anyway, several things have happened recently that have been really great! First of all, the wedding last weekend was awesome. Everyone said I did a good job reading. The wedding reception was one of the funnest things I've done in a loooong time. I feel closer to Ben's new wife now, which is huge because there's been a distance between us for as long as I've known her. It's just good to feel better about the woman my brother is going to spend the rest of his life with.

Most importantly, I walked away from that weekend which a strong awareness of how blessed I am to have such an amazing family. I can't even describe how awesome my family is. My dad has 11 siblings. Most of them have at least two children. That's a huge family. What's great is that we all get along. We all love each other. There is no fighting. No estrangement from that one uncle who no one talks about. Just an intense love and comraderie. I was talking to my cousin Alex at the reception and he said something to me that I had never realized. He said that what's so great about our family is that we could go months or even years without seeing a particular relative, but we still know that if we ever needed anything we could call that person up and he would be there for us. He's right. We'd do anything for each other.

What's also great is how much freakin fun we have when we're together. All of the guys in the family are really tight with each other. A lot of my uncles and my cousins and my brothers have an insane sense of humor. When we all get together, I pretty much laugh until I hurt myself. It's contagious too. We have various friends of the family who love hanging out with us so much that wish they were related....and we treat them like they are. Hell, it's all family, ya know? I'd die for anyone of those guys too. I love them.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph..........thank you.

I have some other good news too. I got that job with the Social Security Administration :D I'm really happy about it. We all just need to pray now that they will keep me on past September. What's also good is that my current employer was willing to keep me on-file so that if the SSA lets me go after September then I can just come back to my old job. Sweet!! That really worked out well, and I praise God for it.

Finally, my family vacation in Hilton Head Island begins July 6th, which is right around the corner. I can't wait!! My girlfriend Amy gets to come with us too, which really makes me happy because I've always wanted to share that awesome place with her. The other day we found modest bathing suits that we're going to wear so that we won't be a stumbling block to each other (and whoever else is around). I'm very relieaved to have those.

So, yea, a lot of good things have happened in my life here recently. I thank God for that and I hope that I can always live my life in a way that shows how thankful I am for everything that He has done for me. Praise God! He has blessed you too.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

7 comments:

Hidden One said...

Yay! Lots of good news! Yuo have brightened up my day.

-Hidden One

PS: On the subject of jobs, I applied to one yesterday that I really, really want, and its about the last place I can apply to that I won't hate, so I really want prayer that I get it - or at least that God's plan for my summer gets revealed right quick, and will hopefully be tolerable for my parents.

phatcatholic said...

hidden one..........I'll pray for you at Mass today.

Theocoid said...

Congrats on the job. It sounds like your family is very blessed.

jmjtina said...

dude, your growing so much in faith! Know that I am praying for you and your family and Amy! Dude, you just put a huge smile on my face!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God IS sooooooooo GOOD!!!!!!!

AMDG!!!!!

phatcatholic said...

Thanks tina!! :D

Lindsay said...

What a great post! I love how it was completely different from all the apologetics (which, by your title, is clearly the focus of your blog). It had so much heart, and truth, and faith. I wish my relationship with my family was only half as strong as yours. May God bless you in abundance and bring you continued happiness, joy, peace, and love. :)

phatcatholic said...

Thanks lindsay! For more posts about my personal life, click on the "Personal" category in my sidebar, or follow this link:
http://phatcatholic.blogspot.com/search/label/Personal

Related Posts with Thumbnails