Monday, June 25, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #20

Here is this week's poll:
  • How long has it been since you went to Confession?
    • Less than 1 week
    • 1 week
    • 2 weeks
    • 1 month
    • 6 months
    • 1 year
    • More than 1 year
I was thinking today about my own need to go to Confession and I thought it would be interesting to see how often my readers avail themselves of this sacrament. I usually go every Saturday, but I was unable to go last weekend because of all the wedding craziness. Vote in the poll (see my sidebar) and tell me how often you go to confession. There is also an "Other" option for those who haven't been in 3 weeks, or some other timeframe that I didn't include. If you choose "Other", make sure you type in your answer in the space provided at the bottom of the poll. Also, don't forget to click the link below the poll and tell me why you voted the way you did.

As for last week's poll ("What do you think of the new background image?"), here are the results:


It looks like most of you like it, so I'll keep it. But, for those who voted "No," don't worry, this background is just for the summer. I'll return to the foggy forest everyone knows and loves when it starts getting cold outside again.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

7 comments:

Laura H. said...

Why does the little green bar shoot off the side of the sidebar and out of the little poll box? I don't get it. (I didn't make it do that. That wasn't my answer choice.)

Anonymous said...

Why no comment on the confession poll? Respectfully I'd like to offer just a bit of explanation for something I find a bit curious....

Run by the OBVM, the church I attend offers confession during every Mass - that's 3'x daily in English and I'm not sure how many other times in Spanish & Tagolog. I've found though that the confessionals are always busy - I "tried" to go 2 wks ago but I got frustrated after waiting more than an hour. When I was able to get in last month I had waited 2-1/2 hours to get in.

I know this probably sounds a bit ridiculous but you should be aware that it's always like this. On the other hand, I am in absolute wonder at the presence of the Lord because once you walk into this church you are very aware that He is there.

Ryan

phatcatholic said...

Ryan........it's good that so many people in your country see the value of going to confession!

Laura H. said...

Why is it that my comments are never addressed?

phatcatholic said...

The poll was messed up there at first, but it looks like it's working fine now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I had to laugh at the "in your country" comment but then I guess to most people So Calif really is "another country"!

Ryan

phatcatholic said...

Well, you mentioned confession in Tagalog so I thought you were in a different country. I didn't know there were churches in the US where it would be necessary to do confession in Tagalog. Pretty cool :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails