Monday, June 04, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #17

For this week's poll, I decided to resurrect one of the first polls I ever made here, with the addition of a few new options: The last time I asked this question I only received 19 votes, and that's just measely. Maybe now that I've been posting for a lot longer you all will have a better idea of what you like the most about my blog content. Make sure you vote! (see the poll in the sidebar). It would help me a great deal.

As for last week's poll ("Which Catholic prayer/devotion do you like the most?"), here are the results:


I figured the Rosary would win. That was no surprise. What did shock me though was that no one voted for the Brown Scapular. I was really surprised by that. In the two places I've lived where there was a large young adult Catholic population (Louisville, KY and Steubenville, OH) the Brown Scapular was really popular. But, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that it was their favorite. I didn't vote for the Brown Scapular because it makes me really anxious to have to adjust it on my shoulders all the time. I know that's probably pretty lame, but it's the truth.

My vote went with the Stations of the Cross. I love the Stations, especially during Lent. The prayers, gestures, responses, and meditations are always so beautiful, and I really cherish the opportunity to enter into what is being depicted in each Station. It's just a wonderful devotion that means a great deal to me. For more information on the Stations of the Cross, see this blog post.

Why did you vote the way you did? Leave a comment and let me know.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

Laura H. said...

I may have commented on the last poll release monday post but when I think brown scapular, I think liturgy of the hours. And I do love liturgy of the hours.. but you also didn't name that specifically. i voted DMC. stations got a very close second though.

Hidden One said...

Well, you know why I voted miraculous Medal, and I already commented on my first praying of Rosary Mysteries on the weekend. I prayed the Joyous Saturday, Glorious Modnay, then did a Divine Mercy chaplet yesterday. Somehow, the combination of being out of it, not really gettign the prayer, and being really tried kinda spoiled the DVC, but I did it anyway. Now, I'm off to pray another set of mysteries and go to sleep, hopefully nto simultaneously.

Matt1618 said...

Nick, for the new poll, it may be helpful to provide an example of each blog type.

Also, have you seen this?

phatcatholic said...

Matt, you'll notice in this blog post that you can click on each option to pull up the posts that fall under each category. You can also see the "Categories" section in my sidebar.

And yes, I have seen the St. Michael pic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails