Thursday, July 19, 2007

FOCUS on a Friend

I want to pass along an email I received from a good friend of mine who recently graduated from FUS:
Hi, my name is Travis Todd and I am a campus missionary with FOCUS, the Fellowship Of Catholic Univeristy Students. FOCUS is an organization that takes college graduates like us--trains us, and puts us right back onto campus where we help bring students closer to Christ and the Catholic Church. We do this primarily through evangelization and holy friendships, Catholic Bible Studies, and one-on-one peer mentorship, which we call discipleship. For more information about FOCUS, check out our website at http://www.focusonline.org/.

The Lord has blessed me with an opportunity to serve at the University of Illinois in Urbana/Champaign with my wife-to-be and six other missionaries. As my fiancee and I prepare to receive the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony on August 4th, we also have the responsibility of raising our salaries by asking people to partner with us in our mission by their prayers and financial support before we head to campus on August 14th.

If you would like to partner with me in the mission of bringing Christ and the Church to campus, here's what to do:

If you would like to give online go to
http://www.focusonline.org/, and click on "support FOCUS," then click "support a missionary" and look for my name, "Todd, Travis." Fill out the information and that's it.

If you would like to give by mail, please send your mailing address to ttodd AT focusonline DOT org and I will send you my most recent newsletter and information on how to give. Also, if you would simply like to receive my newsletter, send me your mailing address.

Finally, if you have any questions, or would simply like to correspond with me further, my e-mail address is ttodd AT focusonline DOT org.

A special thank you to Nick for assisting me in this mission of bringing Christ to campus.
Note that when he said he had to "raise" his salary, that doesn't mean that he's asking for money to supplement what he's already making. Fundraising IS his salary. So, if you don't donate, he don't eat. He's a recent convert to the Church and he loves sharing the Truths of the Faith with others. I can't imagine stepping out into the deep the way that he has. I hope that you will help him out in any way you can.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Theocoid said...

One of our parishioners is embarking on a mission for Focus this fall. I think it's an excellent program, and my wife and I look forward to helping her with her work.

Laura O. said...

Neat, they're getting married on my 21st birthday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails