Monday, July 23, 2007

The "Gourmet Next Door" Becomes a Star

Anyone watch the Food Network last night? For some reason, I've been obsessed with finding out who the Next Food Network Star is going to be. I can't explain it really, I just know that I like the competitive nature of it. I like seeing what they're going to make. I like seeing who does good and who screws up. I like picking my favorite and then rooting for them through the whole competition. It's kind of like March Madness for stay-at-home moms :D

Anyway, guess who won..................Amy Finley! You should have heard me "hoopin-n-hollerin." I was pretty psyched about it, since my girlfriend and I have been rooting for her from the beginning. On the second to the last episode, it looked like she had lost (I was fixin too disown the Food Network), but they brought her back because "Jag" is a moron (praise God). So, to see her win was pretty sweet.

She has a myspace profile if you want to add her as a friend. You can also watch videos of her here and here. Catch up on past episodes here.

Hooray for Amy! I'm happy. That is all.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I also love this show, something to do with proving your talent and skills and how crazy people get when they are in a competitive situation. Or maybe I love it because my husband and I own restaurants in New York. I'm not sure, but if I even wathch 5 minutes of these shows I'm in for the whole season.
I'm happy Amy won, she was the most likeable and creative of all the contestants.
regards,
la milagrossa

catholicandgop said...

Adrien and Amy were my two favorites, so I was really happy that Amy won, even though I expected Rory to win.

Related Posts with Thumbnails