Friday, August 31, 2007

Learning from St. Francis de Sales

I added St. Francis de Sales to the "Pen Is Mightier Than the Sword" section (towards the bottom of my sidebar). He was one of the greatest Catholic apologists of the late 16th and early 17th century, so the presence of his works on my blog was a glaring omission.

You can read three of his classics online:Let this saint teach you. He is one of the best. For a short biography of St. Francis de Sales, go here.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

6 comments:

Laura H. said...

I have a couple of his works. My first encounter with him was a book of his letters to people of the world. It was really good!

St Francis de Sales, pray for us.

Laura H. said...

Oh.. btw, the name of the book is "Thy Will Be Done". It's a great read for people who can't just pick up a novel. It is, as I said before, a collection of letters so you can read as little or as much as you want with great ease. :) Again, highly recommended!

Also, just a personal note, the church choir I am a part of is named after this awesome saint! Love it. :)

phatcatholic said...

Yea, St. Francis de Sales is pretty dope.

Laura H. said...

Understatement of the day..

Laura O. said...

He was a very wonderful pastoral saint. Good addition Nick. :)

Laudate Dominum said...

The Treatise on the Love of God is one of the best texts I've ever encountered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails