Friday, August 17, 2007

One Last Hoorah

I'm going out to lunch again :D This time, I'm heading for the Adirondack mountains to spend a week vacationing with Amy and her family. She vacationed with my family in Hilton Head. Now, it's my turn! Amy has been at home with her family for the past month, and I can't tell you how much it has sucked not having her here. I can't wait to see her again, and to have one final week to relax before the Fall semester starts.

While we're there, we'll be doing some pretty cool stuff. First, check out where we'll be staying:


Pretty dope :D It also has a jacuzzi and..........no internet access! I'm actually looking foward to that. Sometimes it's good to take a break from all this and just chill. I don't know if people realize how much work it takes to post 3 times a day and have each post be remotely substantive. But, one day this blog will be the greatest of all time, so it's all good.

If chillin in the cabin weren't enough, we'll also be going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. I've been wanting to see that place since I first started collecting baseball cards in the late 80's. I can't believe that I'm finally going to go there. Priority #1 is to find "The Wizard" Ozzie Smith as soon as possible. My whole family --and my dad especially-- worshipped him growing up. Is there a greater shortstop who ever lived? I doubt it.

If that weren't enough, we'll be ending the vacation with a trip to Saratoga Racetrack. Amy's dad is the hugest horse racing fan that ever walked the Earth, so it will be cool to share this moment with him. Plus, racetracks are just fun, I don't care who you are. If you've never been to see a race, you need to go. Even when you don't bet, it's fun. The food's good, the beer's definitely good, and it's exciting to pick a horse and see if it wins. Of course, being from Kentucky and living a few years in Louisville, Churchill Downs will always hold a special place in my heart, but I hear Saratoga is pretty dope too. I looking forward to going there.

I'm pretty much psyched about the whole thing. This is going to be an awesome vacation, and I'm very thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with Amy's family. Since they live in Maine, I don't get to see them very often. For the next week you won't see me very often either. In fact, you won't see me at all. I'll be back on the 26th. Please pray for me that my trip to and from New York will be a safe one and that I will be able to relax (which is difficult for me) and enjoy this awesome opportunity.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

7 comments:

Laura H. said...

Horse racing is shady.

Brother Adam said...

I'm always awed at the number of fanciful and luxurious vacations you get to take...and perhaps even feel the slightest twinge of jealousy. ;)

Cure of Ars said...

Ya, you need to get back to work. hehe

Ebeth said...

Nicholas! You will be spending time in the most beautiful part of the country.....and where I am from! I am sooo jealous! Have fun and when you come back I have a question for you.....about that new book out called "The Secret"

Ebeth

Amy M. said...

Horse racing is only shady if gambling is the focus...which it is not in my family, I assure you. ;-)

Amy M. said...

Btw, the Raceway is not the same as the Saratoga Racetrack. They only do harness racing there. The site for the Racetrak is http://www.nyra.com/index_saratoga.html.

phatcatholic said...

thanks amy, i fixed the link

Related Posts with Thumbnails