Sunday, August 12, 2007

This and That

All I have for today is a little round-up of notes and various happenings in my life and in the blogosphere:
  • I got bored w/ the background again. Make sure you vote in tomorrow's poll and let me know what you think.
  • All of the links in my sidebar are working now. Unfortunately, b/c the "Traditional Catholic Apologetics" website is no longer online (archived here), I had to delete a few links. The webmaster had all three volumes of Radio Replies, as well as a supplement to the 3 vols. called That Catholic Church: A Radio Analysis, and two of Belloc's works (Characters of the Reformation and How the Reformation Happened) on his site. Volume 2 of Radio Replies is still available via an archived link, but all the rest are gone. From what I can tell, no one else has them available online either. I am sad :(
  • To offset the loss, I was able to add 6 more works from St. Thomas More, thanks to this site. I was pretty psyched about that. Check them out towards the bottom of my sidebar.
  • Amy Welborn and her husband Michael both have new blogs now. Go here and here. The title for Amy's new blog, "Charlotte was Both," comes from a line from Charlotte's Web: "It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both." Amy is quick to point out that it's an aspiration, not a statement of fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
  • This is probably old news too, but I just found the Sancta Missa website. Pretty freakin dope. Here's a short description, from the homepage:
    "Welcome to Sancta Missa! Your resource for the Latin Mass according to the Missale Romanum of 1962
    It is our hope that this tutorial will assist Priests to learn how to say the Tridentine Mass and for the Faithful, to learn how to pray the Mass with greater devotion and fervor.
    This web site was launched on the August 5, 2007, Feast of the Dedication of St. Mary of the Snow. More sections of this web site will be developed and many more resources will be added in the coming weeks and months. Please check back to see new developments!
    The design of this site is great, and it comes with videos and photos of every part of the Mass, forma extraordinaria. It even shows the priest what to say as he puts on the various vestments in preparation for Mass. Major P.O.D.
  • Don't forget about this wednesday, the Solemnity of the Assumption and a holy day of obligation. Check back here on that day for resources on the Assumption of Mary. I'm also going to dust off the archives and re-post an old debate of mine in defense of this doctrine. Good stuff.
  • Finally, from Catholic and Enjoying It!, the coolest thing I have ever seen in my entire life:


    Notice that these balls are rolling on pool sticks from one table to the next. Unbelieveable.
Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

3 comments:

Matt1618 said...

Dude, that was so awesome! I can't get over the ball rolling down the cue sticks. If you like that, check out these two featuring our favorite neighborhood plumber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAiLZcy8Qk
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjsBsz4trk

Anonymous said...

Like this background better than the last one but I'm looking forward to seeing the foggy forest one again when the weather gets cold!

Ryan

Lindsay said...

Try this one. It's not a pool trick, but it's still pretty awesome: http://www.eepybird.com/exp214.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails