Thursday, September 06, 2007

Check It Out

I don't have very much content to post today, but I do have a few new links I'd like to share:

  • Check out The Art of Apologetics for a new spin on defending the faith. This blog is focused on "indirect apologetics," defending Catholicism in ways that disengage your interlocutor. It's all about helping the other person to let his guard down and teaching him lessons about the faith in ways that are more subtle and less intimidating. I think it's a great approach to apologetics, and it's something that I don't see going on a whole lot in the Catholic blogosphere. Therefore, The Art of Apologetics fulfills a niche, and that's pretty difficult to do nowadays. Go there now so that you can say you were a reader before it became famous.
  • The new Catholic Carnival is up at A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars. I like all the pictures in this particular go-around. If you've ever hosted a Carnival before then you know how much work it takes to put everything together and give it some semblance of order. It's tough, but I think "Ebeth" did a good job.
  • Btw, that reminds me of a question she asked me recently. Anyone heard anything about this relatively new book called The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne? I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the craze is all about yet. Good? Bad? Someone leave a comment and let me know.
  • Here's a sneak peak at a new Catholic website currently in beta testing form: Love to Be Catholic. Right now the url says "intensive response," but that will change to "lovetobecatholic.com" and "ltbc.com" once all the kinks are worked out. Anyway, go check it out. Play around. See what works and what doesn't work. Contact the webmaster (Thomas Hall) and let him know what needs to happen to make it better. I know it's ambitious, but if we can get Catholics uploading their videos there instead of at the cesspool that is YouTube, then we might have something truly valuable for the online Catholic community. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Catechetics Online is hosting a new study of the Bible based on the Ignatius Study Bibles. Check out Carl Olson's post at Insight Scoop for everything you need to know about the study and how to get involved.
  • Finally, here are a few new links that I added to the sidebar:
I guess that was a good amount of content after all!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Cure of Ars said...

Thanks Phatcatholic I appreciate it

Matt1618 said...

Nick, I hadn't heard of The Secret craze either until we were talkin about some of the crappy materials that are out there in the RCIA world in my Pastoral Catechetics class. One of the guys brought it up and our professor, Dr. Fosarelli, said she had heard someone in her adult faith formation refer to it as her daily devotional! Basically from what I gather its all about "The Power of Positive Thinking"... if you just have positive thoughts, you can change the outcome of whatever situation you're in so that you'll never be encounter conflict again. This is New Age heresy and Gnostic (salvation by your thoughts or some body of ideas rather than through a Person, Jesus Christ).

Related Posts with Thumbnails