Monday, September 10, 2007

Dirty Little Secret

I don't know why I make these posts telling everyone that I won't be posting "tomorrow" or for some length of time b/c I always end up just posting anyway (somebody shoot me).

At any rate, I wanted to provide some resources on Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, since nowadays it is all the rage and Catholics need to know if this book (and DVD) is harmful to their faith.

Short answer: it's New-Age mumbo-jumbo.

Long answer:The last link is particularly helpful since it provides a chart with the beliefs propagated by The Secret on the left, and the corresponding beliefs of the Church on the right.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this post. I have been curious about The Secret, but did not know where to start. I am copying the chart and handing it out to my Catholic Study.
Potamiaena

Related Posts with Thumbnails