Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Quincentennial Surprise

I am happy to present, with my 500th blog post, a redesigned sidebar for phatcatholic apologetics. Notice the following changes:
  • I took my blog feed, my conversion story, my confrontation with the devil, and my blog pics and placed them in the header of the most recent blog post. That way I am able to shorten the sidebar without totally getting rid of these important elements.
  • The interactive elements that attract the most people -- the Bloggers' Choice Awards badge, the Daily Catholic Quotation, the Poll, and the Comment Box -- are together at the top of my sidebar so that their presence is more readily apparent.
  • The most radical change is the introduction of expandable and collapsable sections. Now, instead of having to look at all of those links at once (and getting lost in the process) you can just open the section that you want to view. When you open a new section it closes the previous section. If you leave the site with one section open, that section will be open when you return. I think this makes it a lot easier to find what you are looking for.
  • If you hover your mouse over each section, a description will appear that tells you more about what is inside each section. I tried to stick with the war theme when I was naming each section, which is cool, but it can also make it hard to know right away what is in each section. This should make that a lot easier and it should insure that you are only opening the section you need to open (instead of doing a lot of unnecessary opening and closing).
  • The other fun but less important stuff -- the Dog Tag, my TTLB Ecosystem rating, my badge collection, my Medals of Honor, my Files Box, my Radio Blog, and any ads I choose to display -- all appears at the bottom of the sidebar.
I hope you all like the changes I have made. I see a new poll in our future....

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

ps: It took me 1 year, 42 days to reach 500 posts, not counting the 23 days between my first post and when I actually started blogging. That's kinda crappy, but what can ya do? I'm a grad theology student....

2 comments:

Cure of Ars said...

Very nice

Jnorm888 said...

Congrats to your 500nth blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails