Monday, September 17, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #28

Here is this week's poll question: What should the nickname be for my blog? (note, this is not my nickname, it's the blog's nickname):


  • phatagetics
  • phatcat
  • phattyblog
  • phatcap
  • phat-so?
  • the armory
  • phatty
  • Now, I realize that what I am about to say is an attempt to sway your vote, but I don't care, haha. I like "phatcap" the best and I'm hoping that's the one that most of you all choose. It's short, it encompasses every part of my title (PHATCatholic APologetics), and it has a nice ring to it. Just imagine:
    • "Here's a new treat for my phatcap readers"
    • "All of you faithful phatcap readers may recall an earlier post where I...."
    • "I have another phatcap update"
    • "Did you read phatcap yesterday?"
    It just sounds good to me. But, I still want to get some idea of what you all think about it.

    Plug the other options into the 4 quotations I listed above and I think you'll find that most of them just don't sound right. I consider "phacat" and "phatty" to be more like nicknames for me than nicknames for my blog. "Phatagetics" just sounds too cheesy. "Phattyblog" is too long and "phat-so?" requires too much explanation. "The armory" is a cool idea, but it wouldn't be readily apparent that I was referring to my blog. It doesn't incorporate the title of my blog at all, which I think is important.

    So, that's how I see it. I hope you all will agree.

    Here are the results from the previous poll, which ran for two weeks:


    Yay! The magazine-style formatting won! I'm happy about that. I think it's a cool little feature.

    I know some people don't like the color that I chose but I can't really think of a better alternative. Unfortunately, with my color scheme, I don't have a lot of different colors to work with. I don't feel that I can go with another shade of brown b/c I have so much of that already. Gray seems to me to work the best b/c it brings out the gray in the header and footer of each post and in the titles for each section of my sidebar. Also, if you look at my banner image, the same gray color is in St. Michael's breastplate and wings. So, I'm rollin with that. I hope that those of you who don't like it will be able to overlook it and still enjoy the content.

    Thank you all for voting. These polls will be huge, one of these days....

    Pax Christi,
    phatcatholic

    2 comments:

    God's Child at Work & Play said...

    If it helps you to know what your colors look like: the brown doesn't seem so brown, but more of a bronze-tan, and the lighter brown for the text looks like a blonde tone.

    phatcatholic said...

    *sigh*

    Yea, I know. I wish my colors could look the same on every monitor, but that's impossible. I hope it still looks alright from your p.o.v.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails