Here is everything you need to know:
- Scholarship Requirements:
- Your blog must contain unique and interesting information about you and/or things you are passionate about. No spam bloggers please!!!
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Currently attending full-time in post-secondary education in the United States; and
- If you win, you must be willing to allow us to list your name and blog on this page. We want to be able to say we knew you before you became a well educated, rich, and famous blogging legend.
- Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline: Midnight PST on Oct. 6th
- 10 Finalists Announced and Public Voting Begings: 9am EST on Oct. 8th
- Public Voting Ends and Winner Declared: Midnight PST on Oct. 28th
- Why a Blogging Scholarship?
At College Scholarships.org we believe that everyone deserves a shot at a decent education. And we love bloggers. Not for the least of reasons, because we blog, and one of the founders of this site makes a living as a blogger. :)
We believe passion is important. As the world gets more competitive, those who are passionate about what they do, and work close to their passions, will be able to become and stay successful even as technology and automation eat away at many business models. Those who are willing to share their experiences with the world help make the world a better place, even if most bloggers only consider blogging a hobby.
We believe those who freely express themselves are far more likely to find their true passions and connect with people to bring on large scale social change.
- Have a Friend That Blogs?
If you have a friend that blogs feel free to mention this page to them, or if you want to really surprise them nominate them, stating why you think they deserve this scholarship.
- Apply Today!
There is a 300 word limit for this essay. Like great blog posts, short and interesting is preferred over verbose. Use any of these questions as the basis for your scholarship essay:
- If you nominated a friend, what makes them and their blog so special?
- What is the most interesting or inspiring blog post you have ever read? Why did you find it inspiring?
- How have you used blogging to help yourself or others?
- What is the most powerful social change you have seen come out of blogging?
- Why did you start blogging? What does blogging mean to you? Why is blogging important to you?
I'd be all over this, but I don't qualify since I'm only a part-time grad student this year. I don't really have control over that either, since only 2 of the 4 classes I need to graduate are offered this semester. I have to take the other 2 next semester. Of course, I could just take some extra classes for the fun of it and make myself full-time that way, but I don't have all kinds of money just laying around.
Ah well, I'm sure that whoever wins will be much more deserving than I. Good luck bloggers!