Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Phatcat Audio

I added some audio files of mine to the "Sound of the Trumpet" section. To check it out, just click the button with that title in the sidebar.

I gave all of these talks during different RCIA sessions, so that provides the context for what I am doing. "Catechesis on the Ten Commandments" is just that: a catechesis on the Ten Commandments. "My Confrontation with the Devil" (which is also provided at the top of my blog) is a witness I gave about an encounter I had with someone who was being tormented by the Devil. The other two audio files, "The Sacrament of Confession" and "Purgatory/Joining the Church" are short, apologetical responses to questions that were raised during the Pre-Catechumenate period of RCIA. As for that last file, "Purgatory" starts right away, and then after that someone else talks for a little bit, and then I give the "Joining the Church" part, at about the 29:10 mark.

If I could do all of these over, I think they would be better. Since I gave those presentations, I have learned a lot more about what it means to give a truly catechetical teaching of the faith. Listening to these mp3's, they just seem so boring! I think I know now how to better avoid that.

Anyway, it is what it is, and I hope you find it helpful. Pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me to teach as the Divine Teacher teaches.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

ps: if anyone has a problem streaming or downloading these files, please let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails