Monday, October 01, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #30

I bet you thought I'd forget, didn't you! Here is this week's poll question: Who is your favorite hobbit?All these questions about my blog are kinda gettin old, so I thought I'd do something fun. In case you are among the 1% of the population who actually doesn't know who his/her favorite hobbit is, click on one of the options above to go to the Wikipedia entry on that character. I've never been very fanatical about The Lord of the Rings, but my girlfriend is all-out obsessed!

As for last week's two polls ("What do you think of the new sidebar?" and "What do you think of the background?"), here are the results:


It's good to see the sidebar is a hit. It would have sucked to work so hard on something that no one liked. As for the background, the reason it's important to go with a pattern instead of a photo like the foggy forest is that for people with larger screen resolutions, the photo is going to repeat and just look cheesy. If I use a larger image to accomodate these people, then those of you with smaller resolutions are going to see a zoomed-in version of the image and not the whole thing. It's just a mixed bag, so it's usually better to go with a pattern that can repeat itself until it's heart is content and still look good.

I hope that you all will grow to like it, or at least be able to overlook it for the sake of the content. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

datalogging said...

lol very nice

Matt1618 said...

not to make your life a living hell ;) but there's a way to set the background image where it is sized relative to the user's resolution: that way its neither "zoom-cropped" nor repeated. :)

phatcatholic said...

but doesn't that stretch it?

Laura H. said...

count me in that 1%. you should have had an option for those of us who dont know and dont care. lol.

phatcatholic said...

haha, sorry about that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails