Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Three New Handouts on Mary and Our Rule of Faith

I uploaded three new handouts to the "My Files" application towards the bottom of my sidebar. I used these during recent RCIA sessions and I thought you all my find them useful.

The first one, "Mary as the Ark of the Covenant" is basically a chart of the Scripture passages that show the parallels between the Ark of the Old Covenant and Mary. These parallels point to her as the Ark of the New Covenant, and like the ark of old: pure, undefiled, and made of the finest material.

The second one, "Scripture and Tradition on the Infallibility of the Magisterium" is pretty self-explanatory.

The third one, "Scripture-Tradition-Magisterium" is a short, one-page Scriptural defense of the Catholic rule of faith. We depend on all three, not just on Scripture, and Scripture itself supports this "three-legged stool" (as it is often called).

I hope these handouts prove to be helpful.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails