Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two Cool Websites

I don't have very much to post for today, but I do want to let you all know about two cool websites I found recently.
  1. Love To Be Catholic
    • This website actually launches tomorrow, but the webmaster gave me a sneak peek. It's basically a Catholic YouTube. Here's what the webmaster says about it:
      In January of this year, I stood before my fellow CHRP brothers at St. Isaacs Jogues parish and gave a witness on Christian renewal. Quoting Romans 12:6-8, I vowed to use my talents and skills to aid the Church and evangelize Catholic faith. LoveToBeCatholic.com is the first step in the fulfillment of that promise.
      Here are some quick facts:
      -- LoveToBeCatholic.com is run by Catholici Sumus, a non-profit organization whose mission is to utilize new media and the Internet to help evangelize the Catholic faith.
      -- LoveToBeCatholic.com enables users to watch, share and comment on Catholic videos. Videos can be shared privately with friends/family or publicly with just about anyone!
      -- Unlike other video web sites, we monitor content to assure that videos reflect true Catholic teaching. Our goal is to provide a safe and entertaining place for people to access Catholic content on demand, 24/7.
      I am happy to meet with you in person or speak with on the phone to answer questions and share more information about our mission. I can be reached at thall@lovetobecatholic.com. Also, my cell phone is 312-371-1480.
      I can dig it. Also, LTBC.com sells these pretty cool bracelets that say "It's Cool to Be Catholic" in Latin on them. It looks like something that would be great to give your youth group or your Catholic club/organization. Make sure you check that out.

  2. Agnus Gift Shop
    • This shop has the coolest Catholic t-shirts I have ever seen. These are my favorites (click on one to buy it):



      The close up for each image has a green background, but you can get a shirt in just about any color. If you look at them on a white shirt, then the images look a lot better. Anyway, I think these designs are dope, and I just happened upon this dude's site. He doesn't even know I'm doin this, but I thought his stuff was cool so I thought I would pass it along.
Check out those two sites and let me know what you think.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

8 comments:

Leo said...

The first one looks like it has plenty of potential, hopefully they'll add some really good apologetics videos, how'd you come across it?

phatcatholic said...

The creator liked my blog and was gracious enough to send me like 50 of those bracelets to pass around on campus. Then, when his site was starting to come together, he asked for my input on how to make it better. He's a cool dude, so I don't mind helping him out.

Tom Hall said...

Nick,

Thank you for mentioning our web site www.lovetobecatholic.com. I pray that your friends spread the word and encourage others to join and upload their Catholic videos. The more that do so, the more powerful of a tool it will be in the new and evolving Catholic evangelization. Thanks again for helping out.

Hidden One said...

I liek both sites, but man, 2 of the shirts:

"Be this" and "What part of "hoc est corpus meam" do you not understand"... I love those.

Little Sister said...

Nick, I'll spread the news of lovetobecatholic.com over to a group of young adult catholics we've got here in Los Angeles, and I love the shirts!

phatcatholic said...

Thanks sister!

Bill Costello said...

While the t-shirts are pretty cool, the shipping is outrageous. The least expensive option is 2-3 day priority mail via USPS...$23!!!! Heck, they're only shipping from Miami. What gives? Oh well. I'll just drop it in the collection basket tomorrow.

phatcatholic said...

Really? Wow, I didn't know about the shipping. That's kind of a downer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails