Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Important Sidebar Updates!!

I made some changes to the sidebar that I'm pretty psyched about :D

First off, I changed the names of the expandable/collapseable sections (aka "buttons") in the sidebar so that they better reflect the content found therein. Originally I thought it would be cool to carry the warfare theme into the name of each section, but I finally just realized that all that does is make things confusing for people. Plus, all the buttons are in a section of the sidebar called "Military Arsenal", so the warfare theme is still maintained.

Secondly, I added a new button! The name of it is pretty self-explanatory: "Catechetical materials to download." Instead of having the "My Files" BOX widget for sharing files (which just made my sidebar load slower), I just created a new button, which contains links to each file. Since I have webspace to host these files, the widget was kinda pointless anyway. I guess I just thought it looked cool. But, what's more important to me is that my blog loads a little faster, and I think it does now. Anyway, for now, this new section/button will just contain catechetical material, but I may expand it to include other things if that becomes necessary.

Finally, a minor change: instead of having a section for subscribing to my blog and a section for my contact info, I just put them together in a section called "War Correspondence."

I hope you all like the changes. You know me....I can never leave this blog well enough alone. If anyone has any questions about the sidebar, just let me know.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails