Monday, December 10, 2007

Poll-Release Monday #38

Here is this week's poll question:
Do you display an Advent wreath in your home during Advent?
Vote in the poll in my sidebar and let me know. In case you don't know what an Advent wreath is (or you would simply like to learn more about them) I have provided the following links:I will also add these links to my Advent resources page.

As for last week's poll question ("Have you read the pope's new encyclical [Spe Salvi]?"), here are the results:
  • No, but I plan on reading it: 13 (65%)
  • Yes: 6 (30%)
  • No, and I doubt I ever will: 1 (5%)
To all of those who voted, "No, but I plan on it"....I'm holding you to it!! As an incentive to read Spe Salvi, here are some links to summaries and commentaries of the encyclical:You may also wish to read the articles I collected in a previous post that explain the theological virtue of hope. May we fix our eyes on the source of our hope during this Advent season (read Spe Salvi if you don't know who/what that is!!)

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

3 comments:

Christina said...

Ah, I was going to vote in last weeks poll, but didn't finish the encyclical in time. I'm about half way through (and that wasn't one of the answers ;)

Christina said...

PS...I would display an advent wreath if I had one, but since I don't I voted no.

Little Sister said...

I would like to display an Advent wreath, but I live at home, my family no longer practices, and I have very little say about religion in the home. So, no wreath for me. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails