Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wild at Heart

Tomorrow morning (Monday), I'm setting out into the wilderness with my brother's parish for a three-day men's retreat, loosely based on two books: John Eldredge's Wild at Heart, and Neal Lozano's Unbound. I'm not really sure what to expect. So far I've read half of the first book and I've already gotten a great deal out of it. I've never read the second book.

I might blog about the experience when I get back on Wednesday. But, then again, I might not. I did the "Daily with De Sales" posts for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ahead of time so that we don't fall behind. But, besides that, don't expect any more posts until Wednesday night, at the earliest.

Please pray for me that God will give me a new heart, and form me into the man that He has called me to be.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Joe said...

Please post a review of what you think about Wild at Heart. I read this during my brief stay at a Methodist Church. I am extremely interested in this book from a Catholic prospective. I do not see anything wrong with the book from a Catholic prospective but I would love to here someone elses opinion of the book.

God Bless
Joe

Hidden One said...

You have my prayers. Like Joe, I'm looking forward to a review - a very good friend of mine (a Pentecostal) is doing a study on it (at a Presbyterian church), so I'm interested in what it is that Wild at Heart teaches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails