Friday, January 11, 2008

Daily with De Sales: 1/11/08

As soon as you are conscious of being tempted, follow the example of children when they see a wolf or a bear out in the country. They immediately run to the arms of their father or mother, or at least call to them for help and protection. In the same way, turn to God and implore His mercy and help. This is the remedy Our Lord Himself has taught us: "Be on guard and pray that you may not be put to the test." [Mk 14:38]
-- INT. IV. Ch. 7; O. III, p. 304

5 comments:

Mark said...

Thank you for this.

I couldn't navigate my way to the beginning of this series, so I need to ask: are you reading these from an anthology of quotes, or are they what you are picking up, reading his works?

phatcatholic said...

These quotations are from an anthology that is available online:

http://www.oblates.org/spirituality/daily_with_desales/

I received permission from one of the Oblates to post each day's quotation on my blog.

Mark said...

Ah, great; thanks!

Any reason I can't find an 'older posts' button?

phatcatholic said...

I'm still using the old blogger template instead of the new one, so no "older posts" link. BUT, if you click on the "Archive" button in my sidebar then a drop-down menu will appear where you can choose to read all the posts from a particular month. I started posting "Daily with De Sales" back in Sept., '07. Of course, you can see the selections for the entire year by going to the link that I provided in my previous comment.

Mark said...

Thanks; I was just looking to read backwards in general. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails