Sunday, January 13, 2008

Moving Day Already?!?!

First, thank you all for praying for my safe return to school and for a successful semester. I need your prayers more than you probably imagine. And now I need more of them....

A letter was waiting for me when I arrived in Steubenville on Friday. It said that I had to be out of my apartment by Feb. 13th. Apparently, while I was at home in KY for Christmas break, I received a recertification packet basically asking me to give them updated information about my financial situation. I was supposed to turn it in on Jan. 4th, but since I wasn't there to receive the packet, I wasn't able to turn it in on time. So, they terminated my lease.

It is going to be an immense financial burden on me if I have to find another place to live. This semester already promises to be very stressful and I just don't know if I could handle having to find a new place....and the money to pay for it. So, I'm asking you to pray for two things:
  1. that God will warm the hearts of the people involved so that, when they hear about my particular situation, they will be merciful enough to grant me an extension on the deadline for the packet; and
  2. that God will give me the grace to accept His Will and endure this trial, if He wills that I no longer live where I am.
Mass today (Sunday, 1/13/08) would be a particularly good time to pray, since the Mass is our greatest prayer and I hope to get the ball rolling with this on Monday.

I know I have some prayer warriors out there. You all mean a lot to me. Thank you all for your prayers.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

6 comments:

Hidden One said...

I'm praying.

Rita said...

Praying too!

Adrienne said...

Me too!!

Little Sister said...

I may have missed Sunday Mass, but you'll get my prayers tomorrow especially during daily Mass.

The Perseverance Podcast said...

Man, Your year sounds like it is starting out like mine! Many prayers.

Ebeth said...

No psychs needed here...just faith, Nick! I will start praying for you right now.

Keep us posted!

BTW, we have a popup camper...?

Hugs and prayers
Ebeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails