Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Catechetical Materials

I added a new section to the sidebar. It's called, "Catechetical Materials." I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Catechetics (the study of how to teach the faith) and catechesis (the teaching itself) have become increasingly important to me as I approach my Certification in Catechetics (along with an M.A. in Theology) from FUS. I want this blog to be just as catechetical as it is apologetic. So, this new section is a long time coming.

The first part of the section is composed of links to catechetical materials that I have written myself as I've completed class assignments and taught RCIA. Note that I didn't write any of this with the intent to publish it, so some of it may be a little rough around the edges --particularly my "presentation outlines," which I just put together for myself to keep my thoughts in order. Also, I realize now that my "curriculum units" are impractical. I was nervous about getting all the doctrine in, so I think I've included way more than anyone could possibly fit into a single session. All of these materials will need to be adapted to your audience and to what you have already covered (or will cover) with them. Despite all that, these materials should still be helpful. If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

The second part of the section is composed of links to websites that have other great catechetical materials. I plan on adding many more links, but this is a good start. I hope that helps as well.

"Go, therefore, and make disciples..." (Mt 28:19)

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails