Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"Phatcat" Featured on Popular Blog

Dave Armstrong, a popular Catholic apologist of whom I'm sure all of you are familiar, recently turned my opening statement in the Holy Water Debate into a "biblical overview" for his website.

In case you don't know, Dave has primers like this on a host of topics. They're great b/c they give short and concise treatments of the biblical witness to Catholic teaching. With these posts, you have all the verses you need in once place, without having to sift through a ton of commentary.

Besides the recently added overview on holy water, he also has the following:I'm sure there are many more, but I don't have time to find them all. Thanks for the props, Dave!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

Turretinfan said...

Dear Phatcat:

Just FYI, my rebuttal has been posted in the associated debate.

That leaves:

your rebuttal,

my conclusion, and

your conclusion.

At least one of my readers has asked me whether we will do a post of audience questions (and our respective answers to those questions) after the conclusions. Let me know if you think that would be interesting. I tried something similar in the previous debate, though it got somewhat lost in the long amount of time the debate took.

-Turretinfan

phatcatholic said...

I'm fine with opening the floor to questions once we have concluded the debate. I do think, though, that we should put some perameters in place. I say no more than 5 questions, and each question should come from a different person (so as to avoid getting into side debates with people). What do you think?

Turretinfan said...

That sounds good. How about word length on the questions/answers? Does 100 (per question) and 500 (per side per answer) sound good?

So far, as far as I know, we have only one audience question sitting in quueue. If we get a sudden influx of questions, I'll pick two and let you pick three to make up that total of five.

Sound good?

-Turretinfan

phatcatholic said...

That's fine with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails