SOOoooo, here is the new poll question for the week:
- "What is your favorite sacramental?"
- holy water
- holy oil
- blessed medals
- making the sign of the Cross
- blessed palms
That said, on to the results of the previous poll:
- "Which daily content would you like to see here in 2008?"
- Switch to "Daily with G. K. Chesterton": 25 (41%)
- Switch to "Daily with the Early Church Fathers": 22 (36%)
- Keep "Daily with De Sales": 12 (20%)
- Switch to "Daily with Augustine": 2 (3%)
- TOTAL VOTES: 61
Anyway, here is what I've decided to do. Chesterton and the Early Church Fathers are the clear winners, so I'm just going to combine the selections of each into one post that I will make daily. The "Daily with the Early Church Fathers" is more like "Daily with great Catholic writers/thinkers/theologians," since not all of the quotations are from the first 7 centuries. So, it will go well alongside the Chesterton quotes, Chesterton of coursse being a great Catholic writer as well.
Oh, and I think I"ll call it, "Daily Dose of Discernment." Sound good? I hope so! The first installment will be today. As for "Daily with De Sales," it's been a good run, but I think I'm going to put him into retirement. But, don't despair, you can still get your daily dose of St. Francis de Sales by going here. For more from St. Francis, click on the "Online Works by Great Catholic Authors" button (in my sidebar) and scroll down to his name.