Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Poll-Release Mon...err, I mean Tuesday! (#42)

Always better late than never, here is this week's poll question:


  • "What is your opinion on the new 'Daily Dose of Discernemt' series that I have been posting on this blog?"
    • Yay
    • Nay
    • "Daily with De Sales" was better
    • Get rid of the G. K. Chesterton portion
    • Get rid of the Great Catholic Writers portion
Since "Daily Dose of Discernment" has been up and running for about a week now, I thought it would be good to gage everyone's opinion. Personally, I dig it, but one of my readers said it was "insulting," so who knows. Let me know what you think by voting in the poll in the sidebar.

That said, here are the results from last week's poll:
  • "What is your favorite sacramental?"
    • rosary: 21 (50%)
    • making the sign of the cross: 12 (29%)
    • icons: 2 (5%)
    • holy water: 2 (5%)
    • scapular: 2 (5%)
    • incense: 1 (2%)
    • statues: 1 (2%)
    • blessed medals: 1 (2%)
    • blessed palms: 0 (0%)
    • bells: 0 (0%)
    • ashes: 0 (0%)
    • holy oil: 0 (0%)
    • TOTAL VOTES: 42
It's good to see that everyone is praying their rosary! Also, I realized later that there is a glaring....and I mean GLARING omission: the crucifix (am I a moron, or what?). I love the crucifix, and I wish I would have thought to include it in the poll. Almost every time I gaze upon it I am reminded of a keen observation by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen:

"Keep your eyes on the crucifix, for Jesus without the cross is a man without a mission, and the cross without Jesus is a burden without a reliever."

Truer words have never been said. Jesus' mission was to mount that cross to achieve the forgiveness of our sins, and without Him perched there, accepting the burden of all man's sins, the cross becomes simply one of many forms of capital punishment in Jesus' day.

Sacred Heart of Jesus....have mercy on us!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I usually skip over the daily quote portion of your blog. I'm more interested in your thoughts than quotes from others, even if they are brilliant men like Chesterton, St. Francis de Sales, and the ECFs. Even your opinions about the quotes would be more interesting to me.

Loving Jesus thru Mary said...

Phat,

When you had us first vote for what we wanted I voted to keep St Francis de Sales but I want to say that what you changed it to is above and beyond what I expected...let's keep it rollin'

Related Posts with Thumbnails