- "What is your opinion on the new 'Daily Dose of Discernemt' series that I have been posting on this blog?"
- "Daily with De Sales" was better
- Get rid of the G. K. Chesterton portion
- Get rid of the Great Catholic Writers portion
That said, here are the results from last week's poll:
- "What is your favorite sacramental?"
- rosary: 21 (50%)
- making the sign of the cross: 12 (29%)
- icons: 2 (5%)
- holy water: 2 (5%)
- scapular: 2 (5%)
- incense: 1 (2%)
- statues: 1 (2%)
- blessed medals: 1 (2%)
- blessed palms: 0 (0%)
- bells: 0 (0%)
- ashes: 0 (0%)
- holy oil: 0 (0%)
- TOTAL VOTES: 42
"Keep your eyes on the crucifix, for Jesus without the cross is a man without a mission, and the cross without Jesus is a burden without a reliever."
Truer words have never been said. Jesus' mission was to mount that cross to achieve the forgiveness of our sins, and without Him perched there, accepting the burden of all man's sins, the cross becomes simply one of many forms of capital punishment in Jesus' day.
Sacred Heart of Jesus....have mercy on us!