Monday, February 04, 2008

Daily Dose of Discernment: 2/4/08

The curse against God is "Exercise I" in the primer of minor poetry.
-- G. K. Chesterton, The Defendant







- - - - - - - - - -
Christ our Savior himself tried to show the people of Israel through many marvelous deeds that although for our sake he had become a man according to the divine dispensation, he was still God as he had always been. To help them to realize this he did things that were beyond the power of any human being—God alone could perform such miracles. He raised the dead from their graves when they were already in a state of corruption; like the Creator, he made the blind see the light of day; he rebuked unclean spirits with authority; he cured lepers by a word of command; and there were other things he did that were marvelous beyond description. Therefore, "If I am not acting as my Father would," he said to them, "do not believe in me. But if I am, even if you do not believe in me, accept the evidence of my deeds."
-- Cyril of Alexandria, Paschal Homilies 26, 3: PG 77, 925.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails