Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My 2 Minutes of Fame

Yesterday, I was video-taped for a show on the Holy Spirit that will appear on EWTN sometime in June. It's sort of a word-on-the-street type of segment....although I'm not on the street, I'm in a studio, all dressed up, with a nice brick wall and some icons behind me.

Dr. Alan Schreck (head of the Theology dept. at FUS, author of Catholic and Christian, The Essential Catholic Catechism, Vatican II: The Crisis and the Promise, etc.) is the host. Apparently, they asked him if he knew of any students who would be good to interview and he gave them my name! :D I didn't think I made much of an impression on him, so I was shocked that he chose me. The Public Relations person sent me several questions on the Holy Spirit to prepare answers for. They included the following:
  1. The Holy Spirit has been described as a bird, fire, wind, wind that fills our sails, wind that fills the Church's sails. How do you describe the Holy Spirit?
  2. What role does the Holy Spirit play in your life?
  3. Talk about the fruits of the Spirit in your everyday life: patience, love, peace etc....
  4. Does the Holy Spirit embolden you to witness to your faith in some way?
  5. Does the Holy Spirit make the Word of God come alive for you in any way?
  6. Explain how you might pray to or through the Holy Spirit.
  7. What does it mean to say that the Spirit is the motive force for the Church's mission--evangelization, social justice, pro-life work, etc.?
How would you answer these questions? Pick one and let me know!

When I arrived at the studio (on the FUS campus), we went over my thoughts on each question and decided to go with Question #1 and #4. Each answer was only about a minute long, but it was still cool to do and I'm still honored to be a part of it. You'll have to watch EWTN to see how I answered each question. As soon as they tell me the day and time, I'll let you all know.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic
Related Posts with Thumbnails