Tuesday, March 04, 2008

May the Best Man Win!

Voting opened yesterday for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards. I was nominated in several categories, but there are two that mean the most to me: "Best Apologetics Blog" and "Best Designed Blog." If everyone who reads this blog on a daily basis would vote for me in those two categories, then I would easily win.

Please vote! These awards are important to me b/c they bring more people to my blog, which means more people that I can help with what I do. In case you're on the fence as to who you want to vote for, here's my sales pitch.

Best Apologetics Blog

Regarding my qualifications for the "Best Apologetics Blog" award, note first of all that a lot of times the blogs nominated in that category are not actually geared to apologetics. I think that in order to be in the running for that award, apologetics has to me your main priority, and I can definitely say that about this blog.

Also, my blog is not only geared towards apologetics, it is consistently about defending the faith. The only blog I can think of that does apologetics on a more regular basis than I do is cor ad cor loquitur. I am dedicated to providing as much information about and in defense of Catholicism as I possibly can.

Thirdly, I think the content is pretty good. I put a lot of work into this blog.

Fourthly, I've written on a wide variety of subjects, which you can see via the Topical Index. At my blog you can find original content on almost every subject of concern to Catholics.

Finally, along with what I have written myself, I also have a sidebar with links to just about every resource you could possibly need to aid you in your apologetical endeavors. I am not aware of anyone who has a more extensive sidebar than I do. I've probably spent more time compiling links than I have actually blogging! If you can't find what you need in the Topical Index, you can find it in my sidebar.

Best Designed Blog

As for the "Best Designed Blog" award, I think I have a good chance of winning this one too. For one, I think all of the colors go together well, and they incorporate the whole "spiritual warfare" theme. This blog isn't hard to look at, which is always good.

The sections that open and close make this blog more streamlined, and not as cumbersome as other blogs. It also adds an interactive component. You choose the content you want to see and not see. The poll and the messenger in my sidebar add interactivity to this blog as well. There's also the "Daily Catholic Quotation," a widget I created that provides a new Catholic quotation every day. Things like this make my blog not only informative and easy to look at, but also fun.

Finally, the content is organized so that you can easily find what you are looking for. With the creation of the Topical Index (at the top of my blog), you can quickly find what I've written on various Catholic topics. The sections in the sidebar are intuitively labeled as well.

I hope that helps as you're contemplating who to honor with your vote. To vote, go here.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Mike & Linda said...

Hi!
We've been searching for some good Catholic blogs and are so glad to have found you. Glad your blog is getting recognition for the time and effort you have put into it and for your own witness and ministry in defending the faith.

Blessings... *Linda*

phatcatholic said...

Thanks Linda!

Related Posts with Thumbnails